8.1This part of the Report contains a commentary on the individual clauses of the draft Administration of Justice (Reform of Contempt of Court) Bill. The Bill is divided into the following parts:
- Title and Commencement
- Part 1 – Preliminary provisions
- Part 2 – Provisions to promote and facilitate administration of justice
- Subpart 1 – Limiting publication of trial-related information
- Subpart 2 – Prohibiting publication of certain criminal trial information
- Subpart 3 – Dealing with disruptive behaviour relating to court proceedings
- Subpart 4 – Provisions relating to juries
- Subpart 5 – Enforcement of certain court orders
- Subpart 6 – Prohibiting publication of untrue allegations or accusations against Judges or courts
- Part 3 – General provisions and consequential amendments
- Schedule 1 – Transitional, savings, and related provisions
- Schedule 2 – Consequential amendments to other enactments
8.2The major policy decisions that underlie the provisions in this Bill and the analysis of feedback received during the consultation process are discussed in the previous chapters of the Report and are not repeated in this commentary. Where relevant, the commentary includes a chapter and paragraph reference back to the text of the Report.
8.3A complete copy of the draft Administration of Justice (Reform of Contempt of Court) Bill is included as Appendix 2 of this Report.